What are CSRs (customer-specific requirements)?
Customer specific requirements (CSRs): “interpretations of or supplemental requirements linked to a specific clause(s) of this Automotive QMS standards“ according IATF 16949 definition.
Customer-specific requirements are the requirements created by the customer (it can be car maker if you are a first tier supplier or other car parts maker if you are a second tier supplier and so on).
In general, first tier suppliers document their customer specific requirements in a document called “Supplier Quality Manual”, or a group of documents and files available via extranet in so called “suppliers portal”.
On the other hand, car-makers customer specific requirements are available on the IATF site, an overview is here: https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/oem-requirements/customer-specific-requirements/
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) is a group of automotive manufacturers which aims at providing improved quality products to automotive customers worldwide.according Wikipedia.
IATF has this structure (participants):
Certification bodies and you (your company internal audit) shall audit these customer-specific requirements with the same intensity that they do when auditing the basic requirements of the standard. It means, that during planning your internal audit you have to identify all customer-specific requirements and includes in the audit plan. Failure to do so is viewed as an internal audit failure. Same logic applies for certification bodies.
Customer-specific requirements typically fall into the following categories:
System level requirements: Customer-specific requirements
Such requirements are applicable overall Quality System.
The supplier must have a Supplier ANPQP Representative (SAR) responsible for ANPQP deployment within their
The SAR can be at plant or at group level, as long as the following tasks are ensured at certified organization level:
staying up to date with latest ANPQP changes
making sure that point 3) below is followedRenault CSR RENAULT GROUPE Customer-Specific Requirements for use with IATF 16949 1st Edition – version 2016
Entire document can be download from here: https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Renault-Group-CSR-for-IATF-169494.pdf just for example.
Typically project requirements are applicable for a specific product-process and for example can be:
- project general requirements (to apply PPAP, APQP, AIAG VDA FMEA, etc.)
- specific part requirements (dimensions, materials, product characteristics, etc.)
- delivery requirements (use of VDA label for packages and pallet for example)
- process requirements (for example: heat treat)
How we can help you:
- provide specific online or onsite training and workshop to help your employees to understand your customer-specific requirements
- performs extended workshops to help your company understand the requirements
- Update Quality System documentation accordingly
- Prepare specific audits like ASES audit (Renault-Nissan) by using our consulting services