OMS consultants has experience in implementation of integrated management systems according ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 requirements for various companies, especially within automotive industry. Their know-how and experience is not limited only to standard understanding, they have skills also in interpretation of national/ European regulations and practical appliance of them.
ISO 45001:2018 is a new International standard which replaces OHSAS 18001. ISO 45001’s goal is to to manage and continuously improve Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) within the company. In fact, this is a set of requirements which helps companies to implement OH&S policy and address governmental regulations.
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for Environmental Management System (EMS). Environmental Management System is a strategical company approach in implementation its environmental policy and address governmental regulations.
For both standards the common ‘Annex SL’ introduces a common structure which provides compatibility with other ISO standards including ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14001 Environment and ISO 27001 Information Security management systems.
Annex SL is a document that the ISO group uses to define standard’s structure. The common structure is as follows:
- Clause 1 Scope – What is this standard used for (scope)
- Clause 2 Normative References – Other documents related to standard
- Clause 3 Terms and definitions – What words are specific for this standard(glossary).
- Clause 4 Context of the organization – company understanding, context (internal and external issues),nterested parties and their expectations, system scope..
- Clause 5 Leadership – top management involvment
- Clause 6 Planning – starting from objectives, what risks can occurs, opportunities (and of course related risks) and the planning to achieve specific objectives
- Clause 7 Support – needed processes to implement for providing necessary resources (Human Resources including needed competences, equipment and technologies..)
- Clause 8 Operation – daily controls in place to operate management system processes
- Clause 9 Performance Evaluation – methods used to measure processes performance
- Clause 10 Improvement – needed actions to improve your management system